FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2004, 09:47 AM   #12
Joel R
The coincidence factor

I have been using Airborne for about a year now. Now I haven't had any problems while shipping Lizards but once I started sending snakes, hmmmm???.
I have heard a ton of horror stories with Airborne & snakes, but very few, with lizards.
I wonder if they are scanning them, & when they see it's a snake, they treat it in a different manner? Kind of like saying "we'll show them"

With that said,, Have you done the "contract" for shipping live animals? Perhaps that's why Mr. Brown said no animals?

Brian is totally right,, we do need to act professional & treat people professionally. It will only take a few bad apples to screw this up. lol
Also keep in mind, they ship thousands! of things a day & things will be misplaced from time to time & just because ours are live, that doesn't void ours from the mishaps.

Also,,, I do personally know a guy who must save the couple $$ and uses the US postal service. Every single time he has shipped, they have been 2- 3 days LATE! I'm sorry, but that is just not worth the risk to me. Especially when your sending out animals in the $1700. range. lol I would like to see an insurance claim paid in that amount.

Just my 2 cents.