FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Anyone have a Prodigy x Boa Woman Caramel?
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 08:00 AM   #5
tex959
After searching some fb boa groups(I'm a member of 30), with key words. I found, According to Mike of Basically Boas, regarding the compatibility of BWC and prodigy, "Jeff Ronne has done it and proved them compatible in the past." -Mike of BB.. He further clarified that they are the same gene but different bloodlines.

Most would agree that, in general, the prodigy is a cleaner and lighter animal than the BWC, but this has to do with selective breeding. Traditionally, the BWC has not been a project that was geared towards making a cleaner BWC, but rather just plugging into a sharp to produce the dbl. het. visual paradigm. I've seen some pretty muddy paradigms over the yrs. and would recommend using a prodigy if one's goal is to produce better looking paradise boas.

Again, if you breed BWC to Prodigy, you will get all T+ boas. I'm sure Jeff R. has a pic somewhere but to my knowledge has not shared it publically.