FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - How are coati's with children and other pets?
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 11:45 PM   #3
LadyViper
I own many coatis....Coatis to do not like barking dogs. However it's just the bark sound, mine have grown up with my two German shepherds and they play together. Coatis do not train, coatis each have their own personality. I have some that are calm cuddle bugs. I have some that are playful and monkey like little clowns. None of mine are vicious. Your boy is 10 and he must be trained not to tease and do the things that stress your coati. A coati is not a domestic animal but, with proper care anyone can own one. You have to take care and do your research. Coatis are awesome pets. They are fulltime pets. They need your attention and supervision. Coatis do best in calm and less noisy environments. Your welcome to go to my website and read up on some of the caresheet information I have written. I have kept coatis for many years. I can also help you find one. Do not buy a coati from a pet store in store in Houston. In my opinion the best coati breeder and vet is in Northeast Texas. Dr. Cathy Cranmore. I have mentored with her for years. I hope some of that helps.