FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - eastern box turtle x-ing
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2004, 10:41 AM   #4
Vince
Box4u, your complaint expands to each and ever person who has cought a herp in the wild, who has sold WC animals in there stores, and someone who buys a WC animal for pet. i meen you have the right to be mad. but theres really nothing to do. as long as people buy WC animals there will be a huge market for them. I dont think there are any laws in the carolinas about keep/selling box turtles. but there are defently laws in florida about not selling them. I have a florida box turtle as a pet that was given to me by a pet shop. some one brought her into the pet shop becuse they ran her over with a big rider lawnmower. she has been rehabed by me and lives great with my group of redfoots , and since then she has laid 3 eggs, but i would never think about selling the babys. are you telling me this female would have been better off in the wild? to many turtles and torts fall to the roads . maybe the only way to save them in by takeing them in and start captive breeding projects!!!! that will insure that boxies will be around forever.