FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Questions
Thread: Questions
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 04:27 PM   #1
gracemynote
Questions

Ok I attached some pictures of his progress. You can kind of see the pinkishness at the top of his tail (opposite end of the scab) and I don't know where it is coming from. The upper part of his body is white. He's had it before, and then it went away in a day, but it hasn't gone away yet. He also seems to be turning a bit lighter on his brown colors, but that may be because of his shedding stages, though he isn't due for like another 2-3 weeks. His poop was a little different too, it was of two little balls and not a glob. Also I have a picture of the scab. The white stuff within the scab is the zinc oxide. It looks like a scab now, should I just leave it? With the sleeping schedule, he might be thrown off because of me, and is up during the day more because he slept too far into the night, because of the lights (I turn the one in his cage off) but in my room.

Questions.
1) If the tail scab becomes a problem, will the gecko know to drop the tail? he seems to have stopped storing as much fat in the tail but rather in his body because he looks fatter.

2) What could the pinkishness be caused by? It's not handling I know that.

3) Do lost gecko toes grow back?

4) What do you think I should do now?