FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Fauna Web Moderator **Horrible Customer Service**
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 11:14 PM   #41
akonitony
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
So we are nearly 3 weeks into this change, and I still get at least a few of these daily. I have answered every one of them by suggesting that the sender read the announcement that is posted in each section of the classifieds or check the Fauna Feedback Forum, saying that the situation is fully explained in both places.
Some members probably do feel slighted by that type of response....but I suspect that they might understand it a little better if they were the ones that had received the barrage of PMs asking a question that is answered, publicly, in the two most obvious and relevant places. If I were to type out an explanation to each one I received, it would have morphed into something quite abbreviated, without much in the way of background or explanation , in pretty short order....at least this way, everybody gets the same response; and it is one that pretty thoroughly answers the question.
Guess what? I was one of those people who asked one of those PM questions, and Mr. Moore explained it very quickly in a manner that was easy to understand, and almost seemed to be walking on eggshells to try and do it fast and simple, but not come off as a jerk or something. I think he basically said something to the effect of "The easiest way for me to explain this is to point you to the sticky above each..." and so I pointed and clicked, said "Oh?!" to myself, then typed out a quick apology to Mr. Moore for wasting his time, because that is exactly what I did.
Jeesh dude, read the dern sticky and get on with life already. I can't imagine being anywhere near as polite as 'big meanie' or any of the moderators have been when one considers how many times they have been bombarded with the same friggin' question. You're lucky it aint me in their position - I'd be up at the top of some tower in a pink dress and flowery hat with my trusty 50-cal by now - not a pretty picture at all.