FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Derek Roberts hasnt sent my snake!
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 10:58 AM   #10
rick c
I purchased animals from Derek a couple years ago. The first deal was completed quickly, with no problems, the second deal had me concerned, because it took him some time to ship the animal. After many calls and emails, unanswered, we finally made contact. All in all it turned out fine.
However, this year a friend of mine asked me about how he was to do business with, I gave him a good recommendation, but cautioned about slow delivery. He proceeded to do a deal with him, for 2 adult ready to breed female boas. First, he was slow on shipping them out, the lack of communication, was a major problem again.
When he finally sent them, they were shipped in black Hefty trash bags. After getting them settled in, in their new enclosures, they were found to have severe RI, they were promptly taken to the vet, halfway through the series of injections, one died, and prior to the last injection on the remaining animal, she died. I really can't give a good recommendation (with a clear conscience), any longer. I can't believe anyone would ship in a black trash bag! That is inexcusable! I don't know what has happened to Derek, but whatever it is, it isn't good.