FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Big Apple Herp
Thread: Bad Guy Big Apple Herp
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 05:49 PM   #5
Izoid
Hi Michael,

When you purchased the snake you indicated that you had concerns and we offered to take the snake back for a full refund. You declined that offer and decided to keep the snake. As we indicated at that time we would be unable to accept any further responsibility for the snake.

Sincerely,

Andy
Big Apple Pet Supply

Sent from iPhone 4

On Aug 1, 2010, at 9:53 AM, Izo Michael <m120@theizos.com> wrote:

Good Morning

Several month ago I purchased a Hypo Pastel boa from you and that animal died within 12 hours of arrival at my home. You replaced him with a female Hypo Pastel. When she arrived I notified you that she was in very bad condition, underfed and skinny. We exchanged several emails and I was concerned about the responses that I was getting. It seemed as though the companies reputation was more important to you than was the health of the animal. Finally, after speaking with Stephen, I was offered a full refund if I wanted to return the animal. I told Stephen that I did not want to do that, I didn't think the snake would survive another trip via Fededx.

I have struggled with this snake for the past several months. I was never able to rid her of 10% of the stuck shed, which in and of itself is not that much of an issue but she clearly had other underlying health issues. She never thrived. She ate on a regular basis but never gained weight. She would spend all of her time on her hot spot and was quite inactive. She has regurged 2 of her last 3 meals and I took her to the vet yesterday. He performed an x ray which showed some type of blockage in her. He soaked her, gave her an enema and was able to get some of the blockage out of her.

He stated that he felt she may have some type of deformity in her colon that is keeping her from properly passing her feces. He also feels that whatever the issue is that it is congenital.

I took her home last night and this morning when I woke up she had passed. It is my feeling and that of my vet, that this snake had some sort of health issues from birth. Her failure to thrive, she was anemic coupled with her constant search for heat would indicate some sort of metabolic issue.

I will ask that a necropsy be performed on her to determine what the issues were. I would like to know what Big Apple will do if this is determined to be a congenital defect. Please let me know what your preposed solution is.

Mike Izo