FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Bruce McElyea SCAM
Thread: Bad Guy Bruce McElyea SCAM
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 10:54 AM   #27
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiXandSeven8ths View Post
But is it an empty box or box of dead animals? Those are 2 different things. So clearly this guy is scamming or the drugs have really messed with him (incoherent msgs to OP are either mental illness or illicit drugs).

Sorry I was a little more clear.....what I meant wa that if he left it for days and then discovered he did indeed have a box of dead critters he is not likely to state that, even his possibly drug infused state could tell that would not fly.
So easiest call is to say it was an empty box.

But given all the evidence so far, he is just trying to scam the op out of $800 whether through his own negligence (leaving box outside possibly allowing said animals to perish) or just trying it on which also seems to fit his past MO.

Either way the op is doing the right thing by calling bs on him AND having had the foresight to already talk to PayPal.

It really is a shame that todays modern lifestyle means this type of situation is becoming increasingly common in all walks of online sales that involve shipping of ANYTHING not just live animals.

Have had the same "empty box" stunt pulled at least twice through eBay sales, and the "item was damaged on arrival, can I send you my old broken piece of junk back and hope I get this nice shiny bit you have sent me for free!"

Sad sad world