FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Can I Develop Allergies to Reptile or Amphibian? The Answer is actually yes!
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 09:35 PM   #1
Olexian Pro
Can I Develop Allergies to Reptile or Amphibian? The Answer is actually yes!

I recently ran across an intriguing thread forwarded to me by “Polasian” who is a member of fauna that was intrigued by another fauna member who asked the question “Can I develop an allergy to my reptile, or amphibian.”

Given my chosen profession, Polasian asked me if I would be interested in posting some topic oriented herp healthcare discussions here on fauna to encourage public participation, where fauna members can freely ask questions regarding herp medicine, while engaging in the provision of feedback to their peers.

To start with a more professional introduction, my name Jason Olech, I am a 4th year veterinary student currently completing the end of my clinical year at University of Georgia’s Veterinary Teaching Hospital and I’m scheduled for graduation from St. George’s University as a 2010 DVM candidate in June. My interest in herps began long prior to the advent of my veterinary training and during my education I served as the First President and Program Director of the Veterinary Student Herpetological Society at St. George’s University. My responsibility’s entailed generating lectures, labs and clinical demonstrations for students interested in herp medicine & surgery.

I have since been asked by several fauna members to begin a topic guided Q & A thread for the purpose of answering questions relative to herp healthcare, which brings us to the current question that I found so intriguing; Can I Develop Allergies to Reptile & Amphibians? The Answer is actually yes!