FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Cohabitating
Thread: Cohabitating
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
Cat_72
I had a pair, Quincy and Cali, that lived together for around the last 6 years until the female, Cali, recently passed away. Cali had successfully produced clutches of eggs for me in the past, but didn't produce anything for the last few years, nor did I ever see her and Quincy breed. They got along famously and never "fought". Keep in mind, both of these guys had really laid-back personalities, and were housed in a very large enclosure (I believe it's a 225 gallon tank). I also made sure when feeding their live food that both got plenty and no one was "hogging" the goods. It was never an issue with their greens. Some will scoff at this...but Quincy even seemed to go through a period of "mourning" after Cali passed...stopped eating, paced around the tank, then just kind of got lethargic and blah. He seems to be coming around now, but I honestly believe that he "missed" her.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend cohabitation for every Beardie, by any means...but it worked for one pair of mine.