FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Maybe time for an upgrade...
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 11:33 AM   #3
WebSlave
Actually, yes, I have been looking at the Panasonic line and checked out the GH4. But I'm REALLY intrigued by the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000. It's a 2 year old design, but seems to pack a lot of capability into a relatively inexpensive package. Yeah, I know it doesn't have removable lenses, but heck, it has a 25-400mm zoom lens incorporated into the body! That would cover 99% of any use I would likely want from it anyway without toting around several lenses to cover that range.

I'm still interested in the Nikon D500, but some people seem to be experiencing some problems with it that may need to get ironed out before i want to spend that much coin on it. And I'm really not thrilled with Nikon's implementation of autofocus in video. They seem to be treating video like a minor passing fad that just needs to be tolerated rather than something that might actually be important to their customer base. I believe they CAN do better, since obviously other companies already have.

But heck, if I do get that Panasonic, I may just discover that I really don't need the Nikon at all. I can stick with my Fuji Finepix body using the Nikon lenses I have a while longer and I'm sure it won't kill me.