FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The Formation of Exclusive Cliques...
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2004, 12:56 PM   #10
jenn_jeffery
Quote:
So let me see if I have this right. Referring to a another forum poster's gecko by name (if it has a name) is not acceptable. Joking around with friend on the Leo Forum is not acceptable. Basicaly having a good time on the Leo Forum is not acceptable.
I never said it wasn't acceptable, I was trying to say that it makes people feel like they're intruding. For example, you have a gecko named "Bob" and Bob has been sick, you've been on the phone with Robin and Justyn about it, and one of them then posts "Hey Kelli, how's Bob doing?" Well, I personally have no idea who Bob is, he could be your husband, your kid, your dog, a snake, a gecko?? It makes people feel like you have this exculsive littel group, and it's impossible to penetrate and join...esp. if you don't breed geckos.

Quote:
Of course we want everyone to feel welcome but we also want this place to be a community. I believe it has become exactly that, a community, and if I am not mistaken it is the most popular forum on this website, with the exception of the BOI. That's awesome!
And how many posts are off topic, that would improve the conversation in another forum?

Quote:
I do really like the idea that Rich has talked about, which is putting an "Off Topic" subforum in the Leopard Gecko Forum itself. Maybe that would take care of this "problem", and allow members to post their off topic posts in the forum where they hang out in the most, and where their online buds can read and reply. Just my opinions on the subject.
And this Off Topic subforum would take away from the rest of the board. Use the 'view new posts' button and you can see all posts that your friends have posted, and it will make the best use of the board, in my opinion.