FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Inquiry Wanda Patterson aka: sunsethypo?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 11:15 PM   #45
nickolasanastasiou
Nickolas Anastasiou Today at 10:13 PM
To
tim.blevins@aol.com
I think I will decline, Carl/Darik/Wanda.

Have a nice evening and good luck in your search,

Nick

To: nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2014 4:35 PM
Subject: Re: ivory sulcata

Hello Nick , my shipping address is

Tim Blevins
3509 buckingham street
norfolk va 23513
757 3405461

thanks Tim
-----Original Message-----
To: tim.blevins <tim.blevins@aol.com>
Sent: Thu, Feb 27, 2014 1:29 pm

Tim,

Yes, a money order is fine.

Also, let me know the full name and address for shipment. Please include a phone number with the address. It is not to call you. I only call in rare circumstances, but it is a requirement for FedEx.

Thanks,

Nick

Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2014 12:15 PM

i have never used paypal , I am not a member . Can you take a check or money order?

Sent: Thu, Feb 27, 2014 12:25 pm

Tim,

It appears to be a female at this size. I will attach some larger images.

It is more of a preferential grass eater than some of my other sulcatas. Will only eat a little bit of Mazuri occasionally, as it does not seem to have a strong taste for it (which is not common in my experience). It will take turnip greens, mustard greens, endive/escarole, and Romaine lettuce. Finely chopped dried grass or alfalfa hay is sometimes spritzed and then mixed with one for these aforementioned greens to boost fiber and other nutrients. It will sometimes eat sliced zucchini and yellow squash, too. When outside during the warmer months from late April through late October, it eats almost entirely grass and weeds with the occasional fallen Rose of Sharon flower.

I typically take payment via Paypal. My Paypal address is the same as the email address you are corresponding with.

nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com

Make sure that, before you send, that you check to make sure your address in Paypal is correct, as that is the shipping address I am obligated to use in order to satisfy the terms of Paypal's buyer and seller protection policies.

Send that address via email to me as well so I have it quickly accessible for when it comes time to create the shipping label. The night temperatures are low in my area right now and I will have to make sure temps on both sides are safe before shipping (and I will make sure you will be available to receive well before shipment, too). For me, safe, for an animal of this size, would be night temps above 32F and daytime temps at around 40F or higher. Based on my current forecast, that would occur sometime in the second or third week of March, although we have to play it by ear.

I will use an insulated shipper and a heat pack to make sure the animal is kept at a nicer temperature inside the box during transit.

Thanks,

Nick

Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2014 10:09 AM

Thank you for getting back to me so fast . Yes I understand that it is not guaranteed . I am not a tortoise keeper myself . I know my friend would like this one . Can you tell the sex at this size . I just want to pass the information on if you have it . What has it been eating , any favorite foods? . How do I proceed to purchase the tortoise ? thanks Tim

Sent: Thu, Feb 27, 2014 10:52 am

Hi,

It is still for sale. Mind you, I consider it a possible het. It was sold to me as a 100% het, but it is not like the guy who I bought it from was the original breeder. He had to sell his sulcatas off. Two "100% hets" and one "possible het". I am just considering them all possible hets as a result.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Nick

Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2014 9:34 AM
Subject: ivory sulcata

i am very interested in the het sulcata tortoise you have posted , is it still for sale? i a want to buy it as a gift if you still have , do you know the sex, thank you for your time Tim
Attached Images