FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Inquiry Wanda Patterson aka: sunsethypo?
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 12:40 AM   #65
Joe I
Hi Andrew. Yes, I have a call into my buddy that has some original Het. Sunset Hypos. I don't think they have bred because I would like to think I would have heard about it. But, I will certainly let you know if I hear anything.

Here is my issue on the picture and the video. I notice the request came from Andrew to give both a picture in good light, and a video. The animal seems to have a new shade of color in this new photo, just my opinion. Could it be another photo shop job, anything is possible. But, why was the live video done under special lighting (in the tortoises house) and "not" under direct sunlight as the still photo was done? Put the animal with the same surroundings in both examples. But, It would eliminate a lot of doubt. It would take a much higher level of skill to photo shop a live video. Which is why, I can only presume, you requested that. Andrew, can you request another video be made in direct sunlight this time? In that live video clip, the tip of the animals shell is "white" in color where the light source was hitting it. I believe that is the sunlight outside. It simply does not look the same in the still photo shot in direct sunlight. The clues seem to be in the details here.

I'll go back to my very simple and direct question that still has never been answered. Wanda, why didn't you breed one of your earlier offspring (100% Het. Male) that you produced 8 or 10 years ago back to its mother? If it was a true morph trait, the result once again is 50% Visual "Pink" animals, and the other 50% are 100% Het. for Sunset Hypo. Then, the guessing stops. You can raise a baby to 10 inches in 5 years. You have had double that time... Just can't get past that one myself.