FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Who's out in the field?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 09:00 PM   #3
sppeavy
Im in Kansas also, except I went out last Sunday!

Wow, rocks were no good with so much rain, but Junk and tin spots were insane! I really need to get a link for my digital camera so I can share. I havent found the numbers of kings and milks that Oldguy has, but I did count 273 Ringnecks in one tin site, and flipped a car hood to find 5 Adult Black Ratsnakes under it. 3 males and 2 females. I also found 6 Brown snakes, and 13 linned snakes. Also found 5 basking banded waters in thier usual spots, but very hard to catch. Red-sided garters were abundant as well. I met the owners of Rooks Ranch out in Wabansee Kansas, and got permission for this weekend to herp their acres of land. Thats this weekends plan. There is hills and hills of limbstone to flip,so im excited. Oldguy, and any others, you are welcome to join. Ill show you guys a few good tin areas before they are gone. Somebody has been out taking my tin. Its been there for years, and now its dissapearing one peice at a time. Its right by a water snake spot and collard lizard zone. The Rooks ranch hills are all south and west facing hills, so it looks good to me. I did find another area that is prime, but im having trouble finding the owner of the land. Its miles and miles of valleys full of flippable stones. Oh, and on the road I though I saw a snake, but when I jumped out, it was a Glass lizard. Very cool and fun to find. It was in perfect condition. Well, I talk to much, Later all.