FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - West Virginia state law issues
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 12:24 PM   #42
4riscorn
I know this is an old post. I just moved from VA to WV last spring. What are the laws in WV for keeping breeding and selling corn snakes? I know when I lived in VA I just needed a permit to keep and a permit to breed and sell. When I tried to get a permit to sell in WV it was almost impossible as a VA resident. They wanted me to have all of my corns (at the time well over 200) vet checked and each with a vet certification of health. Have a list of each one their morph age and size that I would be bringing over the state line. They also told me that any time I went over the state line I needed to do that. Even if I was just passing through the state from say a show in MD. That was impossible and I can bet no one who goes to shows in one state but drives through wv does that. I got out of the business when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2016. But just got a few snakes and thought if I intend on breeding again I'd better check the laws. The only thing I found on the internet was a bill from 2015. But couldn't find out any more