FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - SOLD!! Red Ackie Monitors (~5 months old)
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 11:46 PM   #9
theNth
Status of Baby 1

Quote:
Is baby 1 still available?
Baby 1 is still available.

There are couple updates from January that I've been meaning add to the post.
  • My best guess at sex has shifted to female.
    • Both my holdbacks (which I'm fairly confident are males) get excited, do the tail and head waggle, and try to mount her.
    • Another ~10 month old ackie (which I suspect to be female) gets a bit huffy and territorial, but is otherwise uninterested in baby 1. For reference, the two holdbacks / brothers of baby 1 try to mount the ~10 month old female.
    • I'm now thinking that I saw the openings of her hemiclitori back when I was removing her from the incubator and thought that they were just very small hemipenes.
    • Baby 1 still looks more like a male than a female, so I'm still not completely sure.
  • She still has vibrant reds, but the yellows have been getting stronger. See the attached picture (the lighting isn't great, but it gets the point across).
  • I've been handling her once to twice a week. She has been mellowing slightly with time, but she's still flighty and needs more attention to calm her down.
  • I would be willing to reduce price a bit if you can convince me that you're going to give her the attention needed.
Attached Images