FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Who's out in the field?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 12:54 PM   #11
sppeavy
Im game for western Kansas road trip!!.

I want to see some Prairie rattlers and possibly coachwhips out west also. I think we may find more hognose out there also. On the black rats... do you ever see that road of I70 thats named Deep Creek rd? There is a place to the North thats called Pillsbury Crossing. People go there to swim and fish and party. Anyways, there is some old buildings around there with tin scattered about, and thats where I see alot of black rats. Thats the farthest west I have found them, but I do know some people that found them out by Hutch. I find alot of them also, just not under stones. I agree with you on the milks, I never know what I am looking at. The two large ones I found were completly different. One had a black head and the other was orange. One had perfect bands, and the other was a intresting pattern. Same with the speckled kings, and yeah, I do find prairie kings under rocks at one spot., but mostly crossing roads. I saw a very intresting baby rat snake that could have been a cross, it was crossing a road, and it was almost light grey with black back pattern blotches. It could have been a black/emoryi. Never know. Ill call you on you cages, I am going to want to see what you have. You letting the critters go as well?