FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - I haev a bussiness oppourtinity for anyone!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2002, 04:29 PM   #14
Dianne Johnson
Patrick,

First off, you are surely bright enough to realize that many adults are not going into business with anyone who is a minor on this scale of project, much less just loan out such an expensive animal.  It isn't a strike against you, just common sense.  You should also be bright enough to realize that anyone in their right mind is going to question that a teenager has a Axanthic ball python worth $7000-$8000.  You may very well have exactly what you claim to, but you can't expect anyone to just take your word for it.  Most of us wouldn't take another adult's word for it, much less someone who is under age.

Second, regarding spelling and basic grammar, that is an integral part of good business.  If you cannot communicate clearly, you are going to lose business - professionalism is a must.  If you want to conduct business with adults, you need to come across as well spoken and mature.  Name calling and insults are simply proof of inability to act maturely.  I am not saying you have to use big words or anything of that nature, just write/speak clearly and make sure what you write is clear and spelled correctly.  Yes, we all make spelling errors, that is a given.  A freezing keyboard and modem are hardly excuses for taking your time and proof reading what you write before hitting submit.  I, too, have a modem and a keyboard that occasionally sticks and it hardly affects my ability to post intelligently.

Lastly, you said you've asked for help and no-one gave it to you.  I saw where you were advised to post it on the BOI with the facts and names.  That's about all you can do unless your parents choose to step in and see if they can persue some sort of legal action.  I saw no post that treated you badly or belittled you.  If you want to be treated like an adult, you need to act like one, or at least like a mature, responsible teenager.  Respect is earned, not owed.  Giving a little respect goes a long way towards earning it.

Dianne