FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - I haev a bussiness oppourtinity for anyone!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2002, 02:08 PM   #20
Seamus Haley
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually if you were working with only one recessive trait....then it would be 1/4.
But since you are working with two recessive traits...
then it is 1/4 x 1/4 which equals to 1/16
</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

Good point Ritchie, I must not have been thinking properly when I wrote that post... Going to try posting a picture of a Punnet square online here, it may turn out sideways...

Calling &quot;A&quot; normal melanin and &quot;a&quot; amelanistic...
Calling &quot;X&quot; normal xanthin and &quot;x&quot; axanthic...

First Cross is easy enough, aaXX crossed with AAxx will produce 100% AaXx offspring, het for both traits.

Second Cross, I try to place a graphic on here, should be interesting to see if I have the slightest idea how to do THAT anyway...

AAXX would be normal animals, AaXX would be het for albino, AAXx would be het for axanthic, aaXX would be albino, AAxx would be axanthic, aaXx &nbsp;would be albino het for axanthic, Aaxx would be axanthic het for albino, and aaxx would be the snow morph... So I stand corrected (reminded) that it would be 1/16th snow morphs and an even bigger load of possible hets.

Which just makes it even more unlikely that it would

1) succeed based off the way this kid seems to run through animals on his classified ads... Has one up selling 2.2 d'alberts, another looking for 1.1 to buy...

2) succeed based off the genetics involved combined with the small clutch sizes of ball pythons

3) get started period because he still hasn't proposed a normal 50/50 split breeding loan but apparantly wishes to continue to offer the highly questionable animals already in his posession and his request is simply ridiculous.

4) get started because apparantly he can't deal with adult critisism, he wants to be treated as one would any other herper, but only when it &nbsp;comes to positive things rather than the honest interpersonal interactions that genuinely help. He wants money and animals to go in his direction without needing to prove himself capable of earning them. Coddled into the industry doesn't work.

Ah well, if this graphic fails to show up and anyone has a photo hosting account and doesn't mind giving me a hand getting it up, I'd appreciate it.