FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - venomous dealers out of control
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2004, 10:33 PM   #35
taphillip
I was directly involved in the whole proceeding. Yes, the animals were shipped UPS labeled as lizards, they have the reciepts. Yes the buyers were idiots and yes the dealer could have avoided the whole thing. There was never a snake related statement made by the buyer to me, to the police, to the dealer or the media that could have even in the most remote possibility made ANYONE think that this individual had ANY experience, let alone enough for a mamba. Both the buyer and the dealer were completely at fault in their own respective areas, both of which have accepted their individual responsibilities.
Yes, the media does say some silly things as a norm where these things are concerned. Other than only using part of a couple of my sentences thus altering my direct meaning, they reported very acurately...considering.
I can't quite understand how/why everyone is defending the buyer. It's like everyone is living in LA LA land and doesn't want to accept that 95% of the reptile keeping population...simply, just shouldn't.
I would like to know what the neysayers on this topic think as to what qualifies someone to own a mamba? enough money to buy one? Well then, like I said before, if the SERIOUS private collectors don't stand together and rid themselves of the testosterone backed fools and start policing themselves then, next time it might be your collection next.