FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Lots of guests today...
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 01:51 PM   #6
IslandLizards
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Just did a spot check of the IP addresses of some "guests" and nearly all of them are originating out of China.

Nice that the folks in China have taken such an interest in the membership here.

Several loading stats are rather modest, so this doesn't seem to be having any notable effect on the server's functioning. But if it does get to that, I found a site a while back (hopefully I can find it again if need be) that gave a list of ALL IP addresses in China in a format to plug into the server's WHM panel to ban them all at the door.
I have/manage multiple dedicated servers in different data centers around the US. Some of them are running WHM.

In WHM:
1. On left under Plugins > ConfigServer Security & Firewall
2. Under the "csf - ConfigServer Firewall" section > Firewall Configuration
Look for the section called "Country Code Lists and Settings"
In teh "CC_DENY =" field place the country code. Multiple can be separated by comma. China is CN. Here is a list of all codes for reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1_alpha-2

3. Scroll to the bottom of the Firewall Configuration page and click on the Change
4. When the page refreshes, click Restart csf+lfd button to restart CSF with new settings.

Let me know if you have any questions.