FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Please read: Pending Lawsuit from Venomous Snake Bite
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2004, 01:08 PM   #91
psilocybe
Ray,

I stated from the getgo that I do not have anything against you or your business, and that I know that you self innoculate etc. The "stupid" comment was an error, i only realized it when i had already posted, and you can't edit on this forum (to my knowledge.) Disclaimers don't do anything. Look at cigarettes, alcohol, and everything else. Telling someone not to do something doesnt neccesarily mean that by looking at one of your photos, they won't do it. The fact you only need to be 18 to buy a hot means that many foolish people don't need parental supervision to get a black mamba and try and command it with the same skill and experience you do. Plus, no 18 year old innoculates himself (or has been) for long enough to take any venomous bite well. I'm simply stating that people look at that and think 1 of two things:

1. "Man, that guy is doing something incredibly dangerous, I would never do something like that, wow!"

or

2. "Wow, look at that, I bet i could do that, what's that called, a black mamba, hey look , heres one on the classifieds, only $400 and i can be the coolest guy on the block!"

And price doesn't matter, because anyone can get a monocle cobra for $100 if the $400 for the mamba is too much...either way, if they are in the #2 scenario, they are probably dead. Like i said, I have NOTHING against you personally, I simply disagree with your handling procedures, self innoculation or not. I realize my inital post might have sounded harsh, and i was in a fairly rotten mood yesterday anyway. You have my apologies. In my eyes, self innoculation is a safety net, that if you milk hots or have any regular close contact to the business end of hots, you are much more likely to take a hit than if you are just a private keeper and use trapboxes and other tools to minimize physical contact. If i self innoculated, i would still use the safest methods of handling that I could. The immunity would merely be an extra saftey net for my health and well being. Like i said, I'm sorry for the apparent nastiness of my initial posting. Reading it again, I can see it was a little on the harsh side. Take care and be safe!!

Abhishek Prasad