FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Black Throat Monitor questions
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #9
Dana C
Kinabo started a shed a couple of weeks ago and became a terror. He hissed, whipped and generally was in a really crappy mood. I have been bathing him daily which is helping a lot.
Yesterday after his bath and a late lunch, he did his usual explore the bathroom while I talked to him. He would cock his head to the right or left so I absolutely know he was listening to me. I sit on the floor with him with my back to the tub. He eventually walked up my legs onto my chest nuzzled my beard a little like he likes to do, layed down on my chest and snoozed.
What is funny, as in I don't understand it, is that something that I do one minute that earns me a tail whip, is perfectly fine 2 minutes later. A chin scratch a lower back rub etc. have all gotten me whipped one time or another. Five minutes after the whip, the same chin stroke, lower back rub etc. earns me a closed eye, perfectly relaxed, "I love it" kind of reaction.

It is fascinating observing captive behavior of these wonderful lizards and how they bond to a human.