FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - New York state law issues
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #121
RoyalPythonPros
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
There is no restriction on BPs at the State level. There may be local restrictions on the number of any type of animal you can keep without being designated as (something); and there are local laws that do prohibit even owning BPs (ie NYC). It is, IMO, unlikely that local agencies would find out about, or pursue, such issues unless it was called to their attention.
While I am definitely a proponent of knowing, and operating within, the laws, I'm also a strong advocate of keeping my business MY business (good fences make good neighbors type of thing). If you don't broadcast the number of snakes that you have, or that you are breeding them, then nobody has any reason to be concerned about them. A neighbor that has an issue with you, or is scared of snakes, can cause aggravation even if you aren't breaking laws....in some cases, their actions could result in laws against reptiles (snakes, in this case).
Harald,

This is actually happening to me as we speak. Do you know where specifically the list of legal and illegal snakes for NY state is?