FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Georgia state law issues
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 12:16 AM   #95
RDLinATL
They are different. Most snakes only go as far down as species (which is why I'm sure the law was made as such) but a small percentage in the species class are vaguely different enough genetically and well enough established to go down to the subspecies levels such as copperheads and pygmy rattlesnakes.

I thought the same thing as you a few weeks ago when a guy offered me a broadband and I had to turn him down for legal reasons and he swore it was legal. I mean common sense would dictate that if "only ga native venomous snakes are legal" a snake native to Texas or Pennsylvania wouldn't cut it but apparently not so. In which case I'm not complaining. Broadbands and Carolina pygmys are gorgeous.

I have no idea how it works with non venomous snakes or other venomous or poisonous reptiles though. Funny how they're so much more high strung about cornsnakes then eastern diamond backs

I would be happy to hear a confirmation from your friend though. If he has a different interpretation of the law then what I received don't tell me, that ga gov email inquiry is my "get out of jail free" card lol