FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bogus PayPal claims
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 06:51 PM   #7
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I suspect that some of the people don't even know that they are setting up a recurring subscription. When looking at the subsription page, the Contributing level membership is the second option listed....when clicking on price, one is presented two options: 1 yr $25 and 1 yr* $25. (attachment 1)
There is no obvious notation that the 1 yr* is a recurring subscription, unless/until one scrolls past the next 70 (or so) options; where, at the bottom of the page, it states: Validity periods marked * indicate that purchasing this subscription is recurring, this means after the period is complete it will automatically be renewed. (attachment 2) Relatively few people read the large bold print when it is put someplace obvious...I'd bet that hardly anybody scrolls past all the forum sponsorships to see that message.

It might be helpful to move that statement up to the top of the page, or to insert a step requiring them to agree to the recurrent subscription.

(images below enlarged for ease of viewing)

Point taken.....

As such, I have removed ALL instances of recurring payments for all sponsorships and paid memberships. I had several people ask for this to take the burden off of them having to remember to renew, especially in the forums that have been typically sold out and they would run the risk of losing their slot merely by an oversight on their part. I guess they are just going to have to deal with it.

Of course, this does nothing about those people with currently existing automated subscriptions. But maybe PayPal has a way to globally delete ALL incoming subscriptions so I can just can all of them with one fell swoop.

Sorry, I think I've just had my fill of people lately.............