FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Custom highlight colors for classified ads
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2015, 04:10 PM   #1
WebSlave
Custom highlight colors for classified ads

A while back I had my programmer implement and option in the classified ads section whereby paying members in the Endowment level could choose from a color picker in order to create custom colors to highlight there ads. This was accomplished via the Classifieds Control Panel.

The intent was to use this new perk to see if it could entice members into purchasing the highest level membership in order to have this option to make their ads stand out from the normal list of colors available for highlighting.

Apparently not. So rather than have the coding I paid for go mostly unused, I have opened up this option to the Benefactor level members as well. Maybe it will get more use that way....

Please note that it is untested, so I would appreciate it one or more Benefactor level members would try it out for me and see if it works OK for them.

Please bear in mind that if you highlight an ad by using a color that makes the text unreadable, that is going to have to be your problem, not mine. I'm not really interested in providing any perks here that but more work on my plate as a result. So be sure the color you create helps, and does not hinder, your advertising efforts.