FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - snake mites
Thread: snake mites
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 03:29 AM   #3
reptilenut69
I use reptile spray natural chemistry for snakes and sprayway good night water based aerosol for cages. In Philadelphia there is a bed bug problem and this is used for that. has same active ingredient as PAM. I got the mites under control I think, I picked them up from my rodent breeder the Bins the mice come in could be sitting in some guys reptile room for months days weeks before it is returned. I killed off all my mice treated all the cages and will start again in few months. I don't really use harsh stuff for the basement just store bought stuff but its a loosing battle to spray basement. I live by the delaware river and we get lots of bugs in basement. I treat every month. I thank you for the info and I have used nix the first time I saw mites and it worked very well and very fast. I have no wooden cages all plastic and I have told many people with wood cages that mites can lay eggs in small cracks deep inside the wood. I had mites a very long time ago 1998 or 99 and only had 5 snakes so was easy to treat. now with 65 or so its a pita and very time consuming, very stressful on me and the snakes.