FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - snake mites
Thread: snake mites
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 06:31 AM   #4
chrisis697
We had 2 wild caught ball pythons in our collection that wouldnt eat, go figure. One started to but other nothing. We were told by the outfit we got them from to use bark mulch or something close to that. So we bought 2 bags at the next reptile show, hooked her cage up & forgot about her for about a month only filling her water up. Then i saw a mite on one of my albinos that ways a cage or 2 away from the wc. My head started to spin cause i couldnt figure out where they where comming from i decided to pull her bin out just to see how she was & was shocked. Crazy infestation. We had these 2 girls for a yr already so both were quaranteened & treated for ticks & mights prior. I believe the distributor we got the bedding from has them in his product. Only answer i can come up with. Needless to say that provent a mite destroyed them. Stuff is quite potent so be careful but it kills everything it touches. Read directions well before using, but works great. Never had mites on mice tho. Good luck.
Chris
B and S Pythons/facebook