FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - TX Senate OKs "Reptile Bill"
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 10:52 PM   #3
Mikkwa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
I am glad to see this happen. It is a good day for herpers everywhere. Now, how much is an out of state hunting stamp?

Now we just need to start worrying about educating those people who's rights Sen. Juan Hinojosa was worried about. If they would call Animal Control or a local snake removal team, instead of killing the snakes, things would be better.
I only wished it were that easy...to educate the general public about killing snakes just because they exist. I live in Texas and a great majority of the people who know I keep snakes still maintain the time worn cliche, "The only good snake is a dead snake!" I reply to them with, "What if the snakes had the upper hand on them & felt the same way about people?!"

Where I work it is close to a creek & our buildings have cement floors, so in the hot Texas summers many rattlesnakes & bull snakes come in & around to escape the heat. They always end up dead due to the fear my coworkers have imbedded into their genetic makeup. Wished I had the answer to how to change their attitudes toward innocent snakes.

I wonder why the government can't put laws into effect that make it illegal to kill snakes, other than endangered species, for no reason!