FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - kingsnake behaviour / help needed
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 10:53 PM   #5
SnakeChic0704
I regulate temps using thermostats. There aren't any other reliable ways either. You want one end of the tank in the mid to upper 70's, and the other end of the tank in the upper 80's. For heat, I just use heat tape. If the tank design requires the heat tape to go inside instead of underneath, I put a piece of plexiglass over the heat tape to prevent direct contact and burns. To maintain the temp on the cool side, you'll need to keep the room itself in the low to mid 70's. If the room temp is lower, you'll need a light or cermic heat emitter also on a thermostat to bring the cool side up.

Also make sure you have a hide on each side. I use either the rock caves or terra cotta saucers (like you put under a pot) for the main hide on the warm side. Hit the side of the saucer with a hammer to make an entrance. For the cool side, I usually use either shoebox lids, or use a water bowl that can be hidden under - the dog water bowls that walmart sells work great. Hopefully you can find something similar in Stockholm. Otherwise just use another saucer or rock cave.