FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Oddly enough, this is my first...
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 10:15 PM   #16
wvaherp
Well this little girl is eating like a horse and putting on weight. Her temperament is just about perfect. She is always looking for a meal but "shuts off" quicker than any of my boas when she knows there's nothing.

She shed for me a while back, and the tail tip got stuck on the damaged section where she had the previous stuck shed, but I caught it quickly and gave her a nice soak and it came right off with no resistance. That area of her tail did bleed a tiny bit afterward, but it looked like it scabbed up cleanly and was no worse than before.

In the mean time I kept a close eye on her and called a couple local vets just in case I had to bring her in to have it removed, but she continued to do fine with nothing but careful hygiene.

Fast forward a couple weeks, and I check on her like usual, only to find it fell off on its own. I'm pretty sure her body did a better job than the vet could have since you can barely tell she lost about 3/8".

She's one big step closer to me being ready to break the news to my daughter that Slinky is her snake.

Sent via the android pony express