FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Hurricane Harvey
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 05:39 PM   #24
Lucille
Unfortunately things look bad. The street in front of and beside me is flooded (and I continue to see motorists drive through the deep waters), the water is over the sidewalk and up onto my lawn at times and recedes somewhat during lulls in the rain. Earlier I saw someone's mailbox float by.

I mentioned that I was fixing to move in a few weeks so most of what I own is in boxes in the garage which will flood first, but things are stacked up in there and the walkway between kitchen and garage is barely passable because I stacked the patio set and garden stuff there so they would be thrown about in the wind and possibly hurt someone.

On the other hand, the boxes are double stacked, it may be that the top layer of boxes will escape any water.
I was able to find the box with the albums of baby pictures so those are safe in the house with me.

I'm hoping and praying that the house will not flood but with days of rain in front of me, I don't know what will happen.
What's important is not the stuff though, I am fine, my sons, daughter in law and grand baby in Houston are fine but flooded into their area too just like I am. But people are what are important and we are all OK, thank you for asking.