FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Someone sell me on rosy boas
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 06:59 PM   #17
Flatfish1
As for rosy boas biting, I think it is usually more of a latch on and try to swallow, more than an actual "Striking" bite. The first meal (and many subsequent meals) offered to most captive bred rosy boas are thawed pinky mice. take a look at your pinky finger. I think it can easily be mistaken for a pinky mouse by a young rosy. Your skin is warm and feels like a hairless mouse! In the wild, I assume that young rosy boas are not offered perfectly sized pinky mice. I think this nipiness can be attributed mostly to younger rosy boas. They usually grow out of it. (Not always.) it has also been my experience that wild specimens almost never bite when handled. And I agree that it is always a good idea to wash any mouse smell off your hands before handling ANY snake. Just like you should wash the snake smell off your hands after handling your rosy boa and before handling your king snake! How lucky are we here in Southern California to have two of the best pet snakes living locally in the wild - Rosy Boas and California Kingsnakes.