FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Help figuring out morph of corn snake or if it's even one.
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 07:04 PM   #1
venomflipz
Question Help figuring out morph of corn snake or if it's even one.

I apologize ahead of time if this isn't the right thread to be posting in. It can be removed/moved as the mods see fit. Thank you all ahead of time.

I bought a corn snake (I think) about 6 years ago and it's always looked different in size compared to how any normal corn would grow. At least the ones I always saw and owned. I am either thinking it's just a basic corn morph that isn't growing anywhere close to what I'm used to with but wanted to get thoughts from experienced people.

When I first got it, the snake was small but not too much smaller in length than it's current size right now. It seems to be growing more girth wise (like a ball python would) but it's not a BP. The snake has always eaten once a week without issues and I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with under feeding or anything in that area. In fact, it's not uncommon for that little guy to eat 2 avg size mice if offered. It appears healthy, active as any snake should and the habitat is always clean which is the same for all my reptiles.

I did the best I could for now with pictures and will get better shots if needed. Only able to put up 4 so hope it's enough for the moment. The one I am referring to this whole time is the yellow colored one, the other is a snow corn. I kept the snow corn pictured to show size comparison because my snow corn is shy under 2 years old but growing and 3x bigger than the other. Is it normal for some corn snakes just not to grow much after 6 years or is it a possible mix (I used to have a jungle corn so I never know).

Thank you so much in advance for everyone reading and I value your thoughts greatly!

Best Regards,
Jay
Attached Images