FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Question about insurance and snakes
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 02:58 PM   #3
Bill_Leverton
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidleaf
I heard from a friend that if your insurance company somehow finds out that you own snakes, they can (and usually will) drop your homeowner's insurance coverage, regardless of the species of snake.

Has this happened to anyone? I've heard of companies cancelling due to pit bulls or other so-called 'aggressive' dogs, but ANY snake? That sucks.

Also - all you breeders and reptile business people who work out of their homes - how do you insure your snakes in case of theft or fire, or is that even possible? I'm sure separate business insurance is probably available, but anything I find on the net about livestock insurance only covers typical livestock (ie cows, sheep etc) and not exotics.

Thanks!
Lauren, Thats what happened to me, That was one of the reasons I bought a trailer on 5 acres to house my boas and to live. my other house they told me I had 30 days to remove the boas or they would drop my insurance...so I live in this one and my wife lives in the other and we are both happy, she's not a reptile person