FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Face Book
Thread: Face Book
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 06:18 PM   #34
nickolasanastasiou
It was affecting a variety of their services. Facebook itself. Messenger. WhatsApp. Instagram.

I do not know if they revealed the source of the issues, but yesterday when the outages were at their worst, they had been dodging any sort of clarity aside from stating it was not due to a DDOS attack.

I am still seeing some residual issues on Facebook itself with disappearing/reappearing content, incomplete, temporary, or failed execution of admin functions, and other glitches. Messenger seems fine now and was getting its act together last night. WhatsApp was fine last night after a while, as it still allowed me to have my nightly videoconferences in the early evening, but photo and video file sending took longer to get restored. Instagram and all of the "aggregator" sites and applications that feed off of IG came back while I was doing searches for content related to mine last night.

These are my user experiences and I am by no means a wizard at this stuff, so I am sure there were more problems I did not run into based on my limited use case. I heard it really messed up some people who tried to log out and log in again, so I am glad I did not attempt that. While email is my standard for dealing with the volume of serious animal discussions I have, I use Messenger and conventional texts for the faster interactions I have with some friends and I use WhatsApp to have real-time video interactions with a couple of key family members when we are unable to be together at times. Outages are less than fun.