FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!*
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 01:12 AM   #170
sally-dog
I'm the "RayRay" mentioned in that PM and I guess I'm one of those "mean" people. If we are all "mean" for speaking out against someone who is selling animals that may or may not be carrying a serious virus, especially one that is suspected to lie dormant in animals, then I would rather be "mean"!

I sure hope all of these animals test clear! And by test clear, I mean the initial tests AND follow up testing. That could take years! If that were done in the first place, we would not have to be "mean" and would never have said anything and would have gone on our merry ways. I can't speak for Courtney (who started this thread) or Adrya, but I'm sure they would agree.

What I am truly wondering if Ashley realizes the potential danger of having an animal test positive for IBD in her collection or if she is hoping all of this will blow over and people will just forget? I guess we will all find out come January or whenever she posts proof of the test results.

This is not about that one animal testing positive, it's about the fact that Ashley is moving animals in and out of her collection after that fact. Animals have died in her collection since then but the one other necropsy posted seems not to show that animal was tested for IBD.

Could we be totally paranoid? Perhaps, but it's better to err on the side of caution to suffer the consequences later. And I believe it's better to be vocal about how someone's practices might be detrimental to animals and hurting someone's peace of mind (and pocketbook), in the case of Elizabeth. She is a perfect example of how this type of behavior can affect a persons well being. I would rather know what's going on with my animals from a qualified veterinarian rather than just take someone else's word for it.

For anyone that has frequented RTB.net in the last 2 years, and have seen Ashley's posts, this is the kind of thing you pray doesn't happen but it doesn't surprise you when it does.