FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Hot!!
Thread: Hot!!
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 08:22 PM   #4
WebSlave
We had preventative maintenance done on the unit on 08/15, so I would think that the guy would have caught either situation. I didn't want to pull the panel off on the air handler up in the attic because it is still 100 degrees up there. But when the attic temps drop down I will shut off the compressor and just run the fan, in case it did ice up in there. Seems to me that with the fan blowing out air that is 83.5 degrees, that any ice inside there would melt, though. It is moving air, so I would think that ice in a 100 degree attic would be hard pressed to keep from melting. I checked the pan and it was bone dry, yet the drain pipe outside was dripping condensation when I checked it earlier. Beats me. The warranty is parts and labor, so I just hope they can get out here quickly when business hours begin for them.

I took a screen capture of the inside temps as well as the temps up in the attic (sensor 2). I would think that either low freon or a clogged coil would show a gradual reduction in cooling in the home. The chart shows an apparent failure that happened just today.

Probably going to be uncomfortable sleeping tonight. Humidity overnight is hitting 96 to 97 percent overnight, so opening the window would likely only makes things much worse. At least it's not like we lost power and can at least run fans to move around the warm air.

Does anything ever fail first thing in the morning during regular business hours?
Attached Images