FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Kansas state ban update ?
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 12:12 PM   #1
old guy
Kansas state ban update ?

Unless someones know different...there is NO update at this time or finding it ! AND the issue of meetings, workshops, if it went to a bill, etc. is about impossible now as it was before when I was first alerted to the fact. I have heard rumors of it being thrown out and or knocked down on the reptile part. The passing of either a ban or restrictions has now become a prolonged or missed or extended opportunity according to some in that either the wildlife and or the legislative has other agendas more important ( wouldn't they anyway ? ) to deal with. Some say it is a time matter and has a set date of state enforcement in the future. I cannot even find if this is a true fact other than hearsay. I know of not much of involvement ( if any ) done by any reptile or herp people of this state to stale or stymie the issue. And I would have a hard time believing that no involvement or lack of would of dismissed any laws of effect. BUT I have heard that the other exotic animal people/keepers are still out on a limb. Again, only what I have heard and tried to find out on all that matters.