FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - ? about Good Guy Certification Certificates
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2006, 05:08 PM   #1
WebSlave
? about Good Guy Certification Certificates

OK, I'm in a quandary about what to do about this, so I thought I would ask you all what you think would be best to do.

I have another GGC member who has fallen from grace and is now red-lined on the listing. I have already issued a notice to him requesting that the certificate banner on his website be removed. But what do I do about the listing here? In the past I have removed some of them, some that were requested to be withdrawn, some from members who had been suspended or banned, and from at least one other who had become red lined as well.

Removing an entry is simple to do, but what are the ramifications? Does that mean that such person can NEVER climb back up into grace again? If I remove the certification, do I deny them from ever applying again? Suppose they do turn over a new leave, how would I know about it? Do I just assume they won't or assume that they will be making an honest effort to improve their status?

So far, the one possibility presenting itself is that I make a subforum alongside or below the current GGC section to hold all withdrawn certificates. That way they would not be on the current list, but would still be visible to people. In that manner, even though they don't have the certificate any longer (which also means I would need to retire the certificate number they originally had, just in case) people could still vote on the polls and perhaps over time this would show that they were again eligible to actively take part in the program.

Yes I do realize that some people may not want to EVER take part again in the program, but should I just assume that is the case for everyone who has fallen from grace in the past?

I guess I should have foreseen this before I ever started the program, but it looks like my blasted hoping for the best from people just got in the way again. I just didn't think that someone would actively participate in such a visible yardstick of their business practices and then throw it away. Live and learn..........