FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - what happens to a pyro when you shake in a little kingcorn?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 02:15 PM   #67
coyote
Thumbs up On this I agree with you Chad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablohogs
p.s.s. to erin... i wish i had the technology on hand to perform hybridization experiments that way. it seems to me if that technology is available than someone ISN'T DOING THIER JOB! someone needs to do a dna test on all lampropeltis... and the rest of colubridae... and than create a database. SO WE KNOW FOR SURE thier relation to one another. ...

...its time to use techonology and science to iron out all the wrinkles. once we figure out what defines a snake (genetically speaking) we can than define what mutated genes a normal looking snake may be heterozygous for. taking the gamble out of purchasing hets. we would also be able to define linebred traits from genetic traits ( i.g. a snake that was line bred for reduced black vs. a hypomelanistic snake). this subject gets me very excited. lemme know when one of those dna machines goes on sale ( maybe clearance) and i'll buy one.
This is the first I have heard that something along this line is in place for snakes.