FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Jeff Benfer (Gartersnakemorph.com) Buyer Beware
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 05:23 AM   #53
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff benfer View Post
I am not sure if you fully realize how damaging a post like this is. I took the snake back and refunded his money and he still made a public stink.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMYTRADIX View Post
yes i got almost $250 back. I shouldn't of had to pay to send her back to him. I'm almost certain she's dead. Its funny how he claimed she was eating small mice but said she took a worm. For the time i had her she was very lethargic and had no interest in anything. She barely even moved. She had very weak muscle tone and her spine was showing. He was selling all of his retired breeders and i should have asked the age of her but didnt cause he knew i wanted to breed her since mine passed shortly before he posted her. There was no mention of her being paired and not producing until i said something about the slugs. Also I've never heard or experienced a garter absorbing unfertilized eggs.it shicked me when he said he didn't monitor that type of thing either they produced or they didn't.
It sounds as if her age and condition were not disclosed. So to me the 'damage' was initiated by the seller. Had the seller been more honest about the description, the snake very well may not have been purchased by the buyer in the first place.