FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - False Water Cobra Bite
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 12:35 PM   #13
The BoidSmith
It seems I had it worst last month though. Oddly enough one of my tamest snakes is a 5 feet Sumatran blood (purchased from Chris Johnson at the peak of his popularity!). I was feeding her a F/T rat from tongs apparently the rat was colder than my hand so she bypassed the rat, tong and went straight to my right hand. She immediately coiled my arm and started to apply pressure, both with the teeth and body. Only after a while could I release her grip from both my hand and arm. Blood was everywhere and of course a huge hematoma under my skin.

This was my third big bite in my life. The first one and incredibly tame 6 feet Burmese that had escaped and was hiding under some furniture. Rookie mistake, I reached with my hand to that secure hiding spot he had found. Luckily that was a bite and release but still painful enough. The third one was a recently WC adult Argentine boa, a huge blow to my hand that left also a huge hematoma. Reasons enough to stay away from hots, I trust the snake's temper too much.