FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Another bear sighting last night
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 12:46 PM   #12
WebSlave
Haven't spotted any bears the last several nights on the security cameras, but the security lights go off all of the time, indicating that something is prowling around. I did spot an armadillo night before last in the front yard.

I'm hoping the bears don't develop a taste for tangerines and lemons. I'm sure they would just destroy the trees by breaking the branches trying to get to them, and they would then get promoted from "nuisance to be tolerated" to "a problem that needs to be dealt with". I can't bring myself to just shoot them like I do the squirrels that got that same promotion a while back. I would hate to have to call FWCC to see if they would come out and bring equipment to trap them, but we've got too much time and effort into those citrus trees to just let them get destroyed. Heck, if a bear were to destroy Connie's pomelo tree, SHE would be grabbing a gun to go after the bears!

You know, nature and wildlife are wonderful things to have all around you, but once that all starts getting into your underwear (figuratively speaking) it sort of loses a lot of it's luster.