FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Hay's Haven
Thread: Hay's Haven
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2003, 04:54 PM   #17
hayshaven
The dates are very close to accurate. I won't say for sure since the only record I have is of the actual sale, and not the phone calls afterward. The reason for the time gap is that one of the females that I had sold him laid eggs on Aug 17. This was the gecko that I had told him I would send. One egg hatched on Oct 4th. 6 weeks later when it was old enough for shipping the weather was very cold. The entire time these things were occuring, Gary and I kept in contact. Through these contacts it became obvious to me that his stories weren't matching up. I made the original deal to send the baby the same day he called the first time. I even questioned his story then, since I had never had any problem with any of them. If it hadn't been for the timing and weather, he would have got the gecko without a second thought from me. In the time that the eggs were incubating, he changed the vets diagnosis more than once. He also kept changing the number of geckos that died. And then he tried to change the terms of the deal. Asking for first a blue tongue skink, then a bearded dragon instead of the gecko. Luckily on my part the timing worked out to show me the truth. And yes, I have no problem admitting that I put the gecko on the site for sale. And that it was the wrong thing to do. I should have told him that I had decided not to send the gecko before I tried to sell it. And no, I never received photos or vet receipts for the lost geckos. I've also never received any kind of real diagnosis, or records of any medications that he was supposedly given for the geckos.
Jason Hays