FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - What would you do? Tortoise dead within a week
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 07:24 PM   #6
Edmund1138
I don't have the body; it's buried and must be a decayed mess by now. I did not request a replacement; I hinted like crazy that that would be the 'gentlemanly' thing to do but that either went right over his head or was ignored. I guess it's my own fault: this transaction took place over a month ago and I've been stewing over it ever since. I didn't want to offend the guy because I like (liked) him, but, in retrospect, I should have been more proactive than simply wringing my hands and waiting for him to make good. I KNOW I did nothing to cause this animal's death (I've been keeping turtles and tortoises for over 45 years so I'm not new to this rodeo), and exercised due diligence by taking it to the vet, getting the medication and treating it as per instructions. I also know that, when dealing with live animals there's always some risk involved. What really sucks is that I had my heart set on keeping and raising that little Burmese brown and now I am not in a financial position to purchase one as the seller had originally suggested when the animal he sold me died.