FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - is usark over stepping its rights by proposing rules for states without asking us
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #169
Taking Up Serpents
Rodney
1- Been there done that. I can give you a list of names of good folks on the page. I can give you a list of who's who in their opposition. Yes HSUS has a small campaign against HW/CCF but they try to keep it off their radar so it looks like HSUS is basically ignoring HW.
2- Not wasting money. I said we need to keep our priorities straight and the cost of a mud slinging with HSUS is not in the budget if we have to keep up work in DC. Which is the highest priority. Add in that HW is doing it fine and I just don't see a need to use resources for something someone else is doing great at. Especially when you and I can educate others for free. I see it as our responsibility to.
3-Public access hits a smaller area. Youtube has ARK videos, AW interviews, and some of the snake shows like BRB's touch on USARK and promote it.
4-Who has been keeping tabs on reptile legislation and let's everyone who subscribes to their newsletters (free of charge)? Don't answer that...next........
5-Politicians care about one thing; keeping their job. When majority says ban, they lean that way. Unless convinced that it could hurt them next round or decrease monetary flow into the state then they will proceed. If they can put mild regulations in places to soothe an angry or frightened public and still allow a business to bring money into the state they will. It appeases everyone and that's what they want; job security.
They make the laws, not HSUS. They are the high priority and key to securing the future of herpetoculture. When they tell us we have to give them something, that's our chance to write our own laws and not someone else.
6- I agree.
Absolutely not. I have tried to inform you, correct any false statements and attempted to convey what was done and why. The questions you posed to Andrew on his FB he answered. If USARK said no regulation whatsoever every time a politician gave them a chance to speak they would not have my support or have gotten as far as they have. I'm going with the organization that is being strategic, practical, shown a responsible keeper willing to address concerns in a civil manner and looks out for all keepers and throws no one under the bus (example-handing over hot keepers to save big snakes) within the community. Solid tactics that are not distracted by AR ploys to drain our coffers and resources. If USARK was none of that I wouldn't be here. We would all probably be waiting for federal bans to take effect.
It is you who seem to be here for the sake of arguing. Every answer gets a twisted response and another false claim. I wouldn't find it necessary to continue except someone not familiar with USARK may read this and you will have given them the impression the ARK is one guy scamming everyone and cutting our own throats with chipping that kills animals and permits, inspections meeting with HSUS and whatever. That couldn't be further for the truth.

There. that's the right spot